Friday, February 22, 2008

scattered.

My thoughts are so scattered right now that I might go off in several directions so bare with me. It has been a busy, but satisfying last few weeks and I apologize for not blogging on a regular basis. That is kind of difficult when you are busy with classes and with my photography class I have been spending a great deal of time in the dark room. Photography has been such a great experience and I am really falling in love with doing it. When I finish developing my own film, printing my pictures, and mounting them, there is just a sense of accomplishment. My classes have been going well and I am looking forward to having a great GPA. (hopefully)!

Last weekend, I had the chance to go on a winter retreat with my church here in Boone and it was a really good time. I am glad I went and I got the chance to get closer to a lot of the people in our college class. I am also enjoying my bible study of Daniel and have gotten to know the other girls really well. In April, my building is having a "phenomenal women" weekend where mothers, sisters, aunts, friends, roommates of a resident will come for the weekend where we will have games, food, and fun. I was in charge of getting a speaker for the weekend and I was blessed to contact Margaret Moore, Jerry Moore's wife, and she so sweetly agreed to come and share. I am looking forward to hearing her!

This morning, I have had such a great lazy type of day. I layed around, then went to the bank and then stopped by Old Navy since it is the only store we have here in Boone. I found a sweater that is officially my new favorite and I only paid 10 dollars for it. What a steal. I also looked through the baby section because I have become obsessed with buying the girl some clothes. And guess what they have...baby jellies. They are precious and whenever I get paid/they go on sale I will buy her some. I also found out last night that the girl is pulling herself up to a standing position and giving kisses. It is so special to watch her grow and I have to watch carefully because it is happening so fast.

I forgot to tell all about Valentine's day. It was a great day despite the 5 classes that I had to attend plus some dark room time. Richard and I went to his house where, Richard, his dad and his brother made a wonderful dinner. steak, mashed potatos, peas, salad, garlic bread. so yummy. Richard absolutely loved his scrapbook and he bought me some excellent things for my ipod that I really needed as well as a rose and a disney princess card. how sweet
!

1 comment:

Tom Burger said...

Nice post. Glad to be able to get caught up with my baby daughter.

Love you.